Our dear friend and studio-mate, Sarah Winchester, happens to be from Atlanta. She was the perfect person to give us some insider tips on what to do when you are in ATL. Eating is always the most important thing to us. Here is where Sarah says to take a seat:
1. ROSEBUD: (Virginia-Highlands/Morningside) This great little neighborhood restaurant has some of the best food in the city with many farm-to-table selections. In fact there is a farmers market every Saturday in their parking lot where the purchase most of their food. I use to live right down the street from Rosebud and would seriously eat there at least once a week. The enchanted mountain springs trout is my favorite dish in the whole world!!!!
Photo via Atlanta Events. Check out this post on her brunch at Rosebud.
2. TWO URBAN LICKS (Midtown/PonceyHighlands) Very cool, big warehouse restaurant. Great food with a little southern fire to it. The restaurant also showcases a gorgeous, huge Todd Murphy painting. Todd Murphy is on of my favorite painters and I swear one day I will have one hanging in my home.
Photo via Todd Murphy
3. YOFORIA: (Virginia-Highlands/Morningside) – another neighborhood favorite and right across the street from Rosebud. WAAAAYYYY better than Pinkberry and with only 5 grams of sugar and ounce you can eat your heart out.
Photo via Yelp.com
4. HORSERADISH GRILL (Buckhead) – Even though it is technically in Buckhead it is tucked away in a beautiful neighborhood setting. A favorite for years of my whole family (we held my mothers 60th birthday there) it is across from the beautiful Chastain horse stables. A little country club chic and a little casual southern elegance, this place it perfect for any group. They have a killer trout dish as well and a lovely outdoor patio.
Photo via Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen, check out this post on eating their way through Atlanta.
No vacation is complete without shopping.
5. GRAMERCY HOME (Buckhead) – Love love love this store. I have done multiple photoshoots for them and they always have the best things, I could go on, but check my previous blog post and post, to see for yourself.
Photo via Gramercy Home’s blog
6. PEICES (Buckhead) – I am sure most of you have heard of Peices and the uber chic owner Lee Kleinhelter. The little shop is perfectly curated with all those coveted interior design goodies you see in every magazine. Everything is totally lust worthy.
Photo via Manner of Style. Check out this blog post about Peices for some amazing shop pics.
7. B BRAITHWAITE (Howell Mill area) – World’s best baby store. The owners are a mother/daughter team (I went to college and am good friends with the daughter Chaffee, so please tell them hi if you go in). Their shop is gorgeous and the pristine white decor, makes you feel as though raising a baby will be the most wonderful, blissful event. When the baby challenges do come, they have an awesome blog, and a rolodex full of experts to help. Oh, and their cool and modern Kiawah Island beach house was in April’s Veranda magazine.
Photo via Sovereign, which has a great round up of small boutiques in Buckhead.
8. LABELS RESALE BOUTIQUE (Buckhead) – Do not judge a shop by its website. This is a great little consignment shop (hit or miss as with all consignment shops) but I have gotten some great stuff over the years.
Photo via Yelp.com
P.S. I would recommend approaching Atlanta by neighborhood. Each one has it’s own little feel and great shopping and food. Otherwise you will spend half your day driving…oh and always use back roads if you can. Most Atlantans, who live in the city, avoid the highways like the plague.
THANKS to our dear Sarah for a great round up!